The Killer E3100™, Rivet Networks’ 2.5 Gbps Ethernet Controller, sets a new standard for network performance by combining Killer’s award-winning detection and prioritization technology with blazing fast speeds of up to 2.5 Gbps.
The Killer E3100 2.5 Gbps Ethernet controller is designed specifically for competitive gamers and performance-hungry users . It is the second-generation Killer 2.5 Gbps Ethernet controller and delivers more performance while using less power. High-performance routers are rapidly moving to support 2.5 Gbps Ethernet, so the Killer E3100 is perfect for gamers who want to take advantage of faster speeds to win more and get the most out of their online experience.
The E3100 continues Killer’s momentum to both prioritize critical PC network traffic AND to optimize traffic based on other parts of the network. The E3100 introduces Killer’s Extreme Gaming Mode, which automatically detects when the network is congested and optimizes the PC’s traffic accordingly to maintain a great gaming experience.
Rivet Networks offers multiple versions of the E3100. To determine the right model for you, please consult details below:
1 Gbps / 2.5 Gbps
* Intel is Rivet Networks’ chipset partner on the E3100. The E3100 fully supports 1 Gbps with the option for 2.5Gbps on select routers/switches. The E3100 is only available on select MSI systems. In order to learn which routers will support 2.5GbE speeds, please visit this Intel Website.
Incredible Speed, Intelligence, and Control
In addition to delivering 2.5 Gbps of throughput, the Killer E3100 delivers incredible speed, intelligence, and control that online gamers will love:
- The Killer E3100 gives gamers the edge with its Killer Prioritization Engine, which automatically detects game traffic and prioritizes it above less important traffic for incredibly fast, low-latency gameplay. Gamers can expect up over 3X better in-game latency performance during peak network usage periods. Additionally, the Killer Prioritization Engine keeps streaming videos and communication fast and smooth, even while downloading game updates, movies, etc.
- The E3100 boosts gameplay experiences by freeing up to 10% of CPU cycles and 20% of PC memory with its powerful GameFast Technology. During gameplay, GameFast automatically pauses processes that are not needed when gaming, enabling the PC to devote more of its CPU and memory to the game.
- The E3100 features Killer’s all-new Extreme Game Mode Technology which smartly detects when a gamer is using a congested network and automatically reshapes the PC’s network traffic to help ensure that game packets don’t get bogged down in your home network.
- The Killer E3100 utilizes the Killer Intelligence Engine to keeps gamers competitive by automatically working to fix networking issues and alerting users when the networking equipment they are connected to is not providing maximum performance.
- When combined with a Killer Wi-Fi product, the E3100 fully supports DoubleShot Pro Technology, which enables the use of both Killer Wi-Fi and the E3100 at the same time to deliver up to 4.9 Gbps of max theoretical throughput. DoubleShot Pro works automatically to ensure the highest priority traffic will always be put on the fastest and most reliable link. Users can leverage the Killer Control Center 2.0 to determine which applications and websites go over Ethernet and which use Wireless.
- The Killer E3100’s Killer Control Center 2.0 gives users an intuitive and rich interface to monitor which applications and websites are using bandwidth, and to optimize their PC’s networking performance. Users can adjust priorities and set bandwidth limits so that low priority traffic doesn’t interfere with multimedia applications or favorite websites.
General Technical Specifications
- Compatible with 2.5GBASE-T Alliance PHY Specification
- Supports 2.5 Gbps with Cat 5e and above
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- Supports jumbo frame to 16K bytes
- RSS support
- Supports Wake Up Frame or Magic Packet
- Smart speed operation for automatic speed reduction on faulty cable plants
- Supports 2.5G Lite (1G data rate) mode
- Power optimizer support
- Supports APCI and PCI MSI
- Receive Side Scaling (RSS) and MSI-X to lower CPU use in multi-core systems
- Compliant with Microsoft NDIS5, NDIS6 (IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP) Checksum and Segmentation Task-offload features
- Supports IEEE 802.1P Layer 2 Priority Encoding
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN support
- IEEE 802.1p QoS support
- Supports PCI Express 2.1
- Compatible with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3bz
- Supports PCIe L1 substate L1.1and L1.2
- Features inter-connect PCI Express technology
- Supports connected standby
- Supports IEEE 802.3az-2010 (Energy Efficient Ethernet)
- E3100G is 6 mm x 6 mm package; E3100X is 7 mm x 7 mm package