Rivet Networks is proud to introduce the Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650, the world’s first Wi-Fi 6 module specifically designed to deliver the fastest gameplay, the best streaming, and the most immersive communication experiences. The latest product from Rivet Networks’ collaboration with Intel, the Killer AX1650, provides Killer’s most powerful networking technology built on Intel’s most advanced WiFi 6 chipset. The Killer AX1650 is a 2×2, WiFi 6 module that supports 160 MHz channels and Bluetooth® 5.0. It delivers up to 2.4 Gbps of throughput, low latencies, and the most reliable connections.
Powered by all-new Wi-Fi 6 technology using 160MHz channels, the Killer AX1650 delivers 2.4 Gbps of theoretical throughput, cutting-edge performance, and introduces technology to provide more usable throughput in crowded environments. When connected to a Wi-Fi 6 access point, the AX1650 delivers:
- up to 3X more throughput than previous generation 80MHz 2×2 AC devices
- up to 40% more throughput than previous generation 160MHz 2×2 AC devices
- up to 4X more network capacity in dense environments than previous generation wireless AC networks.
The Killer AX1650 perfectly blends Killer’s speed, intelligence, and control into Intel’s most advanced wireless chipset. Gamers and performance users who demand the most from their system will love the AX1650 and its powerful capabilities:
The Killer AX1650 automatically detects, classifies, and prioritizes network traffic and ensures the most important data is delivered fast and is prioritized over less important traffic.
- Killer Prioritization Engine: The Killer AX1650 uses the Killer Prioritization Engine to detect thousands of games, applications, and websites. It then leverages Lag and Latency Reduction™ Technology to prioritize the most important packets for a fast, smooth online entertainment experience.
- GameFast™ Technology: By automatically pausing processes that are not needed when gaming, Killer GameFast Technology frees up to 10% of your CPU cycles and 20% of your memory so that your game plays faster and smoother. Gamers who use GameFast will experience faster, more responsive gameplay with the additional system resources available to focus on the game.
The Killer AX1650 uses real time information to intelligently optimize networking experiences
- Killer Intelligence Engine: The Killer AX1650 automatically analyzes the network and makes adjustments to improve the overall online experience. For items that cannot be fixed automatically, the Killer Intelligence Engine makes recommendations to the user on how to best optimize their home network for ideal performance.
- DoubleShot Pro: When combined with a Killer Ethernet product, the AX1650 features DoubleShot Pro Technology, which enables the use of both Killer Ethernet and the AX1650 at the same time. DoubleShot Pro works automatically to ensure the highest priority traffic will always be put on the fastest and most reliable link. Users can also leverage the Killer Control Center 2.0 to determine which applications and websites go over wireless and which use Ethernet.
The Killer AX1650 gives users more ways to control and enhance their online experience than ever before
- Killer Control Center 2.0: Gives users an intuitive and rich interface to monitor which applications and websites are using bandwidth, and to optimize their PC’s networking performance. Users can adjust priorities and set bandwidth limits so that low priority traffic doesn’t interfere with multimedia applications or favorite websites.
- Wireless xTend™: The Killer AX1650 features Wireless xTend technology that delivers powerful MESH network capabilities and allows the computer to provide its network access to other devices, extending the home network up to 1,000 square feet. Game with confidence because Killer still prioritizes the computer’s traffic so that the other devices that connect to Killer Wireless xTend will not slow down high priority applications.
- 2×2 Wi-Fi 6 (11ax) module
- 160MHz Channel Support
- UL and DL OFDMA
- Bluetooth 5.1
- Chipset: Intel
- Module Options:
- AX1650x: M.2, module size = 22mm x 30mm
- AX1650i: M.2, module size = 22mm x 30mm (leverages integrated MAC)
- AX1650w: M.2, module size = 12mm x 16mm soldered down
- AX1650s: M.2, module size = 12mm x 16mm soldered down (leverages integrated MAC)
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 10
- Worldwide Regulatory Support
- WLAN Frequency Band: 2.4/5 GHz
- Pre-Certified Wi-Fi 6 (11ax)
- Wi-Fi Certified a,b,g,n,ac with wave 2 features, WMM, WMM-PowerSave, WPA, WPA2, WPS2, PMF, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Miracast, Wi-Fi Agile Multiband, Wi-Fi Optimized Connectivity, Wi-Fi Location, Passpoint, Wi-Fi Aware, and Wi-Fi TimeSync
- Security Methods: WPA and WPA2 Personal and Enterprise; WPA3 (pending OS support)
- Authentication Protocols: 1X EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS/MSCHAPv2, PEAPv0-MSCHAPv2 (EAP-SIM, EAP-AKA)
- Encryption: 64-bit and 128-bit WEP, TKIP, 128-bit AES-CCMP, 256-bit AES-GCMP
- Wi-Fi Direct Encryption and Authentication: WPA2-PSK, AES-CCMP