- Category: Installing and Updating
- Last Updated: 24 September 2018
- Hits: 21208
Error 1923 Verify That You Have Sufficient Privileges and Error 1939
Some users may encounter the error Error 1923: Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services and/or Error 1939 when they attempt to update or install the Killer Control Center. This is caused by the installer not being able to remove the previous version of the service. This appears to be due to the moving of files by the Spring 2018 Windows Features Update. There were also some updates that were incorrectly pushed through Windows Update that have resulted in the Killer Control Center being left in this state. In order to resolve this issue, you will need to uninstall the old version of the Killer Control Center, remove the service, and then run the installer again. We have developed a new tool, which will quickly and easily remove all old versions of our performance suite, as well as all old versions of our service from your system.
A few notes about the Killer Software Uninstaller Tool:
- This is not the Killer Remover tool that you might find elsewhere on the web and in this knowledge base. This is a brand new tool that we have just recently developed due to this issue. The old Killer Remover tool is not capable of resolving this issue, as it only targets pieces of installs that were broken by Windows Feature Updates prior to the 2017 Fall Creator's Update.
- This tool does not remove device drivers, other than what would normally be removed when running the uninstaller for the suite that you have currently installed. This tool primarily removes the Killer Performance Suite, and its attachments to Windows Update.
Here are the steps to correct the Error 1923, Error 1939, or any other issue where Windows Update has put your machine in a state where you cannot install the Killer Control Center:
- Click here to download the latest Killer Control Center installer from our website.
- Click here to download the Killer Software Uninstaller Tool
- Double-click the Killer Software Uninstaller Tool to run it.
- Click the Remove Killer Software button. This process may take some time.
- When the tool has finished removing everything, it will prompt you to restart your machine. Restart your machine by clicking Start > Power > Restart.
- Double-click the Killer Control Center installer and follow the prompts to install.
Please note - some machines will stil show pending Windows Updates with "Killer" and/or "Rivet" in them. Now that you have removed the previous install, and installed the website version, these updates now refer to software that is not present on your system. They should either attempt to install, fail, and no longer show as "pending," or simply be removed from the list of pending updates. If these updates cause issues after you have installed the Killer Control Center from our website, please let us know!
If you have any further issues, please feel free to contact support directly by clicking Contact Support under Support at the top of the page!