- Category: Linux
- Last Updated: 27 August 2018
- Hits: 682
Most Killer Networking adapters work well with most Linux kernels without the need for any troubleshooting or setup. As there are many Linux distributions, and many variations of those distributions, some users may run into issues with compatibility and their networking adapter.
These are the drivers used by our networking adapters:
- Killer Wireless-N - https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/ath9k
- Killer Wireless-AC 1525 1435 and 1535 - https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/ath10k
- Killer Wireless-AC 1550 series (only currently supported in the very latest Linux kernels) - https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi
- Killer E2200 E2400 E2500 Ethernet - https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/networking/alx
With the exception Killer Wireless-AC 1550 series, the drivers for all of our devices are community developed and supported. We neither develop nor support the Linux drivers for our devices, and this is common, as free and open source is the Linux way.
As such, if you encounter an issue with your Killer Networking adapter in Linux, your best, quickest, and most accurate line of support is going to be the community, either for the Linux distribution that you are using, or the driver itself. Our knowledge base contains some limited known information. These are things which we have discovered and posted in order to hopefully make things easier on our users. However, most problems will be specific to either the driver, the distribution, or even the version of the distribution that you are using.
Following are some links to installation tips for specific Linux distributions, which were offered by our users. Please note that, unless you see this note beside the link - Confirmed By Killer Support - these are links to various places in the community where others have offered up solutions to problems, which have been confirmed by other users.
Killer Wireless-AC 1550 install in Linux Mint - https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=272888 (Thanks JeremyB!)