- Category: Troubleshooting
- Last Updated: 15 January 2018
- Hits: 1752
A few things can cause the Killer Control Center to report error. Following are the most common, and how to correct the issue:
- You are not connected to the Internet. Connecting to the Internet with your Killer network adapter should clear this error.
- You recently installed or updated the Killer Control Center and have not rebooted your computer. Rebooting should resolve the issue. Please note that, to restart, you should click Start > Power > Restart, as simply closing the lid, or pressing the power button on many modern computers activates sleep mode, and does not actually power down the machine.
- You are connecting to the Internet using a network adapter other than a Killer product. Our performance suites only work when connecting to the Internet with our products. Be sure that you are connecting to the Internet using the Killer network adapter.
- You are using an incorrect or older device driver. Updating to the latest suite should resolve that issue. Even if you have a new machine, the version of the software that was installed on it when it was boxed may now be out of date. You can find the latest Killer Control Center here - http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/killer-control-center-x64. If you have manually installed a device driver that was not provided by Killer Networking, you may need to manually uninstall that driver first, deleting it from your driver cache, before you install the latest suite.
Please reach out to support, using the link below, if you are unable to solve the issue using the above information.
- Category: Troubleshooting
- Last Updated: 03 January 2018
- Hits: 1501
Error: Service Not Running
You may experience a situation where their Killer Control Center says "Service Not Running" instead of operating normally.
This issue should be resolved with the current build of the Killer Control Center. You can download the latest build of the Killer Control Center from here - http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/killer-control-center-x64. In most cases, you can simply download and install the update, and you will have the latest application and drivers. If you encounter an error, such as "Cannot be installed with..." or some other error, try removing all "Killer Suite" and "Killer Drivers" applications, as well as any variations, from your Apps and Features menu, then restart your machine, and try installing the update again. If you are still unable to install the update, refer to our troubleshooting article for issues installing the Killer Control Center here - http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/kb/cat/7-installing-and-updating#anchor2. You can also reach out to us directly here - http://www.killernetworking.com/about/contact.
If updating the suite does not solve the issue, then you will need to investigate why the service is not starting automatically. If the service does not start automatically when the machine starts, then there is likely another service that is preventing it from starting, or the service is not set to start automatically
You can check to make sure that the service is set to run automatically by following these steps:
- Click Start, type services.msc and press Enter.
- Scroll until you find the Killer Network Service and double-click it.
- Make sure the "Startup Type" is set to Automatic. You can also manually start it from here by clicking Start button, which will clear the error until you next restart your machine.
Antivirus suites can also cause issues with services. Try completely uninstalling your antivirus suite and restarting to see if that solves the issue. If the service starts without the antivirus suite installed, reinstall the suite using a freshly downloaded copy from the suite's website. The service may still start automatically after you have reinstalled the antivirus application. If it does not, please contact us at http://www.killernetworking.com/about/contact to let us know which antivirus suite is blocking our service from starting, and also contact your antivirus application's support to find out how to add our service to the list or exclusions.
If our service still does not start, and you still receive the "Service Not Running" error with no antivirus installed, and while using the latest Killer Control Center, please reach out to us at http://www.killernetworking.com/about/contact so that we may assist you further.
- Category: Troubleshooting
- Last Updated: 12 November 2017
- Hits: 918
The Killer Network Manager is our outgoing performance suite. It is no longer being updated, and does not contain the latest Ethernet or Wi-Fi drivers. We encourage all users of the Killer Wireless-AC 1525/1535/1435, Killer Wireless-N 1202/1103, Killer E2200, Killer E2400, and Killer E2500 to upgrade to the Killer Control Center, found here - http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/killer-control-center-x64. This includes users whose machines came with the Killer Network Manager preinstalled. There is no need to continue using the Killer Network Manager.
For a smooth installation, download the latest Killer Control Center installation package, then uninstall all Killer products from your Apps and Features menu, which is accessible by right-clicking Start, then restart your computer, and double-click the new installation package to install the new Killer Control Center.
The old Killer Network Manager suite is still available for download here - http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/e2200-e2400-wireless - but will no longer be updated, and may not be fully compatible with future Windows updates, antivirus suites, or other applications that manipulate network data.