- Category: Ethernet and General Troubleshooting
- Last Updated: 30 January 2018
- Hits: 225
Some users may encounter an error where games are unable to launch due to BfLLR.DLL being blocked.
The issue is that the anticheat mechanism used by some games is erroneously blocking certain .DLL files used by various applications that are in no way related to cheating. BfLLR.DLL is currently one of those files. Ultimately, the fix should come from the anticheat software engineers fixing this faulty behavior.
If you are using the Killer E2200, or any of our wireless adapters, and it came preinstalled with the Killer Network Manager, you can update to the new Killer Control Center instead of the Killer Network Manager. The Killer Control Center does not use BfLLR.DLL. You can use these steps to remove the Killer Network Manager, and install the Killer Control Center.
- Download the latest Killer Control Center installation package from here - http://killernetworking.com/driver-d...rol-center-x64
- Disable or temporarily uninstall any antivirus application you may be running. This is important as antivirus programs may prevent the .DLL from being removed.
- Uninstall any "Killer Performance Suite" and "Killer Drivers" entries that you see installed as programs in Apps and Features or Add/Remove Programs.
- Restart your computer by clicking Power > Start > Restart.
- Once the machine has restarted, verify that C:\Windows\System32\BfLLR.DLL is no longer present. You may need to show hidden files in this folder by clicking View and putting a check in the box for Hidden Items. If the file is still present, set a system restore point (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-restore-point) and then manually delete the BfLLR.dll.
- If you are unable to delete the BfLLR.DLL file even with no antivirus program installed, you may have to do it from safe mode - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-in-safe-mode
- Once BfLLR.DLL is no longer on your drive, install the new Killer Control Center that you downloaded, which will contain the latest performance suite and drivers for your Ethernet adapter.
If you are unable to delete the BfLLR.DLL file, or if you have any other issues with a Killer product, please feel free to reach out to us for further assistance.