- Category: Ethernet and General Troubleshooting
- Last Updated: 06 February 2018
- Hits: 2820
A few things can cause the Killer Control Center to report error. Following are the most common, and how to correct the issue:
- You are using an older version of the Killer Control Center. Some recent versions of the Killer Control Center experienced issues identifying some adapters. This has been resolved in current versions of the suite. Updating to the latest suite should resolve the issue. Even if you have a new machine, the version of the software that was installed on it when it was boxed may now be out of date. You can find the latest Killer Control Center here - http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/killer-control-center-x64.
- You are not connected to the Internet. You will receive this error if you are not connected to the Internet using a Killer Networking adapter. Note that if you are connected to the Internet using a virtual adapter of any kind, even if that virtual adapter is attached to a Killer Networking adapter, the Killer Control Center will show this message as it cannot work with a virtual adapter.
- You recently installed or updated the Killer Control Center and have not rebooted your computer. Rebooting should resolve the issue. Please note that, to restart, you should click Start > Power > Restart, as simply closing the lid, or pressing the power button on many modern computers activates sleep mode, and does not actually power down the machine.
- You are connecting to the Internet using a network adapter other than a Killer product. Some machines ship with network adapters from multiple vendors. Be sure that you are connecting to the Internet using the Killer network adapter. Our performance suites only work connected to the Internet with our products.
- You are using a virtual network adapter. The Killer Control Center can only work if you are connecting to the Internet using a Killer Networking Adapter. If you are connecting to the Internet using a virtual adapter, the Killer Control Center will not work, and will show this message instead.
If you are seeing this message and none of the above applies, please reach out to support, using the link below. Please be sure to include a diagnostic with your support request. With the latest Killer Control Center installed, you can find Killer Diagnostics in your Windwos start menu, under Killer Networking. Please run the application, save the output file, and attach it to your support request.