Category: Installing and Updating
Last Updated: 22 March 2018
Installing Drivers Using Device Manager
If you would like to install the Killer E2200, Killer E2400, Killer Wireless-N, or Killer Wireless-AC drivers without the Killer Performance Suite - you can do so using these steps. Note that this will disable all network prioritization features.
- Download the latest .INF package from this location - http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/category/other-downloads
- Extract the contens of the package to a location that you will remember.
- If you currently have the performance suite installed, you will want to uninstall it first by right-clicking Start, then clicking Apps and Features. Then uninstall all "Killer" labeled applications in this window, including anything labeled "suite" or "driver," and restart your machine by clicking Start > Power > Restart.
- Once your computer is ready, right-click Start, and click Device Manager.
- Locate the Killer Network Adapter in your Device Manager. If it has a driver already installed by Windows, it will be located by its name under Network Adapters. If it has no driver installed, it will be named Ethernet Controller or Unknown Device, as in the screenshot below.
- Right-click the adapter, and click Update Driver Software... or Update Driver, whichever is available.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
- Click Have disk
- Click Browse
- Navigate to the location where you extracted the standalone driver package earlier.
- From there, you will only have one option, which will be a folder called Production. Double-click that folder.
- Double-click your operating system.
- Double-click your network adapter.
- Eth for all Ethernet Adapters
- 11AC1525 for the 1525
- 11AC1550 for the 1550
- 11AC for the 1535/1435
- 11N for all Wireless-N adapters
- There will be only one file. Double-click it.
- Click OK
- Select your exact model from the list and click Next
The final screen should show that you have successfully installed the driver. You can now click on Close.